The UATP Workshop on the Best Practices in Public Transport in Africa was held from 20 to 22 October 2015 in Cape Town in South Africa. The event brought together:
- 300 delegates from 10 countries
- Over 1,000 participants
- 20 international speakers
- Experts in several fields
- Representatives of automakers
- Several national and international media
Having for main objective the exchange of knowledge and experience on public transport, the workshop addressed most issues affecting public transport in Africa. Among others, he addressed the following points:
- Governance issues
- The BRT systems
- The integration of transport modes
- The professionalization of the sector
- Technological transport solutions
- Capacity building of transport actors
- Financing issues
- And many other subjects equally important
In a word, the workshop, which was hosted by “Transport for Cape Town – TCT” kept all its promises. It was really a resounding success. This success shows the importance of UITP in general and UATP particularly as the ideal framework to exchange, discuss and find appropriate responses to public transport issues and advance the continent and the world.
The event, which has enjoyed great media coverage, has received a huge positive response and great feedback. We hope you were able to share, learn and build partnerships to advance transportation in Africa.
We wish to express our thanks to our partners, sponsors, and speakers who agreed to accompany us in this activity. Your support, your participation and especially the quality of your presentations have helped the success of this workshop.
Thanks to you, and with you UATP advance!