On April 5 and 6, 2018, was held at the hotel Sofitel Hotel Ivoire Abidjan, under the effective chairmanship of Mr. Amadou KONE, Minister of Transport of Côte d'Ivoire, the workshop on the Planning of the sustainable urban mobility, attended by representatives of the administration, the private sector, delegations from France, Senegal, Belgium, Kenya, Namibia, representatives of SCANIA and VOLVO, technical and financial partners, African Development Bank, CODATU, UATP, etc.
The seminar proceedings were divided into two panels and one workshop.
This panel, chaired by Mr Mohamed MEZGHANI, Secretary General of UITP, was animated through presentations made by:
- Mr. Jérôme POURBAIX, Director of Regional Offices and UITP Services, Belgium;
- Mr. Ibou DIOUF, Director of the SSATP Program, World Bank, USA;
- Mr. Romain KOUAKOU, Director General of Land Transport and Traffic, Côte d'Ivoire;
- Mr. François LECHAT, Sales Manager, SCANIA.
This panel discussed "Sustainable Urban Mobility in Africa: Concept, Challenges, Solutions and Trends".
This panel, chaired by Dr OUSMAN Thiam, Honorary President of UATP, UITP, was animated through presentations by:
- Dr. Siélé SILUE, Special Adviser to the Prime Minister
- Clarence RUPINGENA, Vice President UATP Southern Africa, Responsible for Transport Policy, Namibia
- Edwins MUKABANAH, Vice President UATP East Africa, General Manager Kenya Bus Management Services, Kenya
- Amadou BA, Vice President UATP West Africa, President of CETUD, Senegal
This panel dealt with the theme "Transport Organizing Authorities in Africa: Mission, Financing and Success Factors".
The seminar on sustainable urban mobility planning has allowed a wide exchange of experiences and good practices in the field of public transport.
The invitation and participation of the Ivory Coast Transport Minister, the UITP Secretary General and several transport stakeholders at this event demonstrates the importance and consideration of the UATP's vision for development. public transport on the continent.